Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The world record for longest amount of time to move.

Sorry for the lack of posts. I was busy trying to beat the record for longest time to move. I think I have been going at this for a week now. It's not like we moved a whole heck of a lot to the new place, it has been all about getting rid of our old stuff. I have now rented a storage locker for all those things, that I thought other people would take off my hands. Face tanner any one? I am actually quite happy about the storage locker. I like going there, and having to type in passwords & riding the huge freight elevator & listening to the ominious music playing over head of the lockers. It doesn't take much to excite this gal! My oldest daughter likes going to. It has been our only "alone" time in probably about a year. My youngest doesn't want to have anything to do with these outtings. She just doesn't know what she is missing! She has actually become scared to ride in elevators. It's only a recent thing & it's not "all" elevators. It made for quite a scene when we were at Ikea last week. It looked like I was abducting her, as she kicked & screamed as I forced her to join the family in the elevator. People glanced over their carts filled with MDF furniture, as I assured them she was indeed mine. Her new fear of elevators is thanks to her dad & sister. They like to jump in the elevator before it stops on the floor you want. You know the game? Where it makes you all wiggly? Well, they did it in an old elevator & that has been it for her. She really is convinced that the elevator will go crashing to the bottom of the shaft, if she goes in it with those two jumpers. When ever she thinks we will be going in one, she starts to talk about how much she loves taking stairs, because it makes h er leg muscles stronger. I hope she can over come this fear. I actually told her, that life could get very hard for her if she trys to manage her life around her fear of elevators in her adult life. She didn't want to hear any of it. My poor girl.

The ducky that I showed in the last photo had her baby duckies last week! She has 7 new ducklings following her everywhere! They are super cute!

Now that I have moved everything into the new place, every time we come & go the tide is up. So the ramp is almost always level. Of course it would be now that all the hard work is done. Those wheel barrels have become my best friend.

Viva la wheel barrels!!!




4 comments:

  1. I love it! From your other floating friends. The storage locker... 'If we can pare it down we can get a smaller one and save money' - we get 2 instead. We were up to 3, now back down to 2. Piano anyone? I'll trade the piano for the face tanner! I'm glad the tides are with you lately. We've had 'negative tides' of late (below normal). We loved your float home, house barge, house boat (not the technically correct term). It is so sweet. And Richmond seems way cooler than it used to. I hope we get to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came in search of your blog because I saw your photos on Flickr of your new float home... I have been secretly wanting to buy a float home for some time now and have been looking here in Ladner... there is an amazing little community with some really modern houses but still fairly expensive. Yours looks so great, I hope you are settling in :0) Moving into a smaller space with kids is a hard thing but it's refreshing to start anew! And you're closer to the cream puffs, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks mark!

    thank you for visiting! i'm glad you were able to have you over before we moved in! like all visits, I wish we had more time!!!

    i don't know how you can handle having so many storage lockers for THIS long! It would drive me crazy!!! I hate having just one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shael!

    Oh the floating home world is so awesome! I have been trying to get all friends to buy one! Maybe so I can start my own little community down n the water.... I need my crew down there at the marina! Beleive it or not... it's pretty "cliquey" down there!

    I'm not in there with the cool kids yet.. or should I say "cool seniors".... but, I'm trying! Bridge game on Sunday anyone?? I kid! But tempting though isn't it?!!!

    That Ladner community looks fantastic!! I wish mine was as cute! I'm still working on my house... I just finished moving - so now it's time to get settled! I gotta do some container gardening!

    ReplyDelete