Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Momma's Day!



Above is a little piece of heaven. Yummy chocolate filled Beard Papa's!

EGAD! So yummy! 18 million times more yummier than the vanilla sort. The kids had been asking me what I wanted for Mother Day. All I really could think of was the cream puff pastry from Beard Papa's. The best part of this Mothers Day adventure is that it is only 2 blocks from where we live!!! Can you imagine?! I love Richmond! I love that I can go get these yummy treats in a 5 minute walk!

The first time I had these little cream puffs was on a trip to Nagoya. I was all tired from traveling all night from Vancouver. I had to fly to Narita airport & then catch another plane to Nagoya. A girl that use to work for me had moved back to Nagoya & was going to be my travel companion back to Tokyo. I was so tired & just wanted to eat anything. She & her friend took my to Denny's. Denny's of all places!!!??? Denny's in Japan is much differnt than the North American version. First, there was a smoking section & non-smoking version. I don't know about the States, but I honestly can't remember the last time we had that option. Plus, I find that the smoking section really does end up creeping it's way into the "non- smoking section". I can't remember what I ordered... But, our meal started out with miso soup. I loved it. There was no Grand Slam breakfast on this menu, but it looked identical to our Denny's. After that we headed to the grocery store to get breakfast goodies for morning. Within that grocery store was a little Beard Papa Kiosk. You could smell the pastry through out the whole grocery store. I think that is what heaven smells like. The girls I was with insisted I try one. How could I refuse. They created a monster.

They claim to be only 230 calories & are made with no perservatives. So are best to eat within the same day bought. Through out the rest of my trip, I would notice the smell of Beard Papa's wafting through the train stations, calling me!!! EGAD! Really the people who invented these are geniuses! I'm so glad we have one here now. It truly is love at first bite!

It should be on everyones list of things to do before I die.

  • Eat cream puff from Beard Papa's.
Add it to the list! For reals!!!

Happy Mama's Day to everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love Beard Papa's too! I have been dying to try the green tea flavor but seem to miss it every time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i did not know they had the other flavors there i will have to head down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shael!!!

    Yes, for those special flavour days you really are best to get there first thing when they open! I haven't tried green tea yet, I keep missing that day! Darn it! I'm sure they are DEVINE!

    They are so addicting, I tell you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi jocelean!!

    I swear if they opened up early enough before I left home in the morning, I would pick some up for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i know this post is old, but DID YOU KNOW that they now have beard papa ... ON DENMAN? yes. it's true. on denman v. close to davie. it is next to that always-super-busy ice cream shop.

    ReplyDelete