Thursday, May 22, 2008

She's 7.


Oh my baby is 7!

She could barely sleep last night, knowing that gifts awaited her come morning. She was so excited! She wanted a watermelon breakfast, so we stuck 7 candles in the giant slice of watermelon & started to sing "Happy Birthday", but she blew out all the candles right away - so she could get on with the presents... We still sang the whole song, which seemed odd, because at the end there was no big "Blow out candle finale". But, it was good. I think last year & in previous years she refused to blow them out. So the fact that it was her first reaction to blow them all out right away is fine with me! It's nice to see her participate.

She loved everything (thankfully), and went to school in her p.j's. Happy as could be, with a spring her step.

Tradition has it that she gets to pick a restaurant for dinner tonight. I totally wish we had Ponderosa here. I remember going there when I was little, I loved the metal dishes in the wooden tray that you would get your food in & the gingham table cloth. Loved that place!

Anyway, I hope she wants crabs legs in a warm buttery garlic sauce... That's what I'm hoping for! I'm sure she could be swayed.

I'm betting first choice will be the big ol' golden arches. But you never know with this one!

It's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment