Wednesday, October 13, 2010

an adventure+bikes= FUN














Our truck became ill on our way to school a week ago, so unable to get to school on time we decided to play hookie!!! Instead of having the girls sit at home on facebook or watching tv all day,  I told them we had to be outta the house the whole day. We went and got my bike fixed and then headed out to Stevenston for our first super duper long bike ride!!!

 We had tons of fun, we did a little thrift shopping (found some fun masks)... saw cows, turtles and bascially just took our time all along the way. Stopping to rest ALOT. We left the house at 9:15am and didn't get back till 5:30pm. Our butts were a little sore - maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but I think I have the worst bike seat in history. I need a pillow on my seat for next time!

 It was an all out awesome day. We had always wanted to ride to Steveston from our house & thankfully the weather was beautiful and we got to do it. Not sure I would do it again... I'll need to invest in something for my bike seat. But, with the weather hanging in there we might just have to squeeze in one more crazy bike day adventure before our weather turns into cold, soggy days of darkenss.





2 comments:

  1. Looks like playing hookie with mom is the best day ever! The pictures say it all. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast! I wish it was hookie day EVERYDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete