Monday, September 27, 2010

call me tv head

During the week my daughters and I catch a daily contest on the radio called, TV HEAD. I love this contest and my kids actually think I am super smart because I always get the answers before the contestants. God, knows I would never make it on to Jeopardy! Oh, if Hollywood Squares was still on - I think I could kick some a$$ on that one. Hollywood Squares + TV Head= all meeeeeee. Because, I know I can bring it! I have all this wonderful useless television trivia in my head from like, what???? 30 years of television watching. Theme songs, catch phrases, I got it all up here, in my big noggin. You know what? Someone needs to bring a new game show back on TV that tests all this wonderful knowledge us TV heads have. Because I know there is an abundance of us out there. Forget reality tv shows, awesome game shows please???!!! You know what else I got in my noggin'? Songs from the 80's... 
Anyway!

 I need to one day not be in the middle of driving somewhere when this contest comes on the radio. Why'd they make cell phones if you can't use them when you are mobile? Kidding! Don't worry, I'm not one of "those drivers" that talk on their cell phone while driving - so dangerous & actually totally annoying to catch other drivers in the act (it is illegal here to talk on a cell phone while driving). What about when people are texting and driving??? ACK! So completely dangerous.

 On the topic of scary things while driving. You know what I saw the other day? And not the first time... a lady with her baby in her lap in the back seat of the car while it was in MOTION! They were heading out onto the freeway!!! JEEZ!!! Can you believe that? So scary. I wanted to roll down my window and yell at them to put their baby in friggin' a car seat! Like, what are they thinkin'??? Get a brain! If they get in an accident that baby is so gone. Terribleness. Also about a month ago, I saw a woman sitting in the front seat of her brand spanking Mini Cooper with a small baby in her lap! Honestly? What planet are these new parents from? Hello, Britney Spears!? You think it's wrong to wanna yell at these people? Where are the traffic police when you need them? The only thing I am left thinking, as that cute baby drives off with their little lives left in the hands of their crazy parent, is that hopefully they will get caught sooner then later and that small child will be safe in their car seat. Am I missing something here? I am pretty sure that it's illegal to drive with your infant outta that car seat. It's so crazy to witness in real life.

FYI: 2 of our 5 postcards made it to their new homes! The one to the States & the other was off to Germany! That was pretty fast. We are now officially on the list for receiving 2, now!!! YAY!!! i wonder where they will come from. So exciting to know something is coming in the mail for us! I love snail mail!!!


2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! My assistant once told me she changes her cloths when driving...but she said, "only on country roads." Yeah, and our country roads are filled with herds of deer.

    In fact, my husband just the other night hit one...$7,000 damage to the front end. : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing in clothes in the car?? Craziness. We see woman applying make up on their morning commutes & that's pretty risky during morning traffic too!

    ReplyDelete