Monday, October 25, 2010

Have you ever scene a kokeshi sooooo big???!



Do you see how gigantic the kokeshi is? I have never seen one so big! She is just over 2 feet big. WOW.

 I found her at the flea market yesterday. After walking rows of rows of just lame tables. My youngest daughter and I were about 30 feet away from her awesomeness. You know that feeling when you see that magical must have item. I squeezed my daughters hand and whispered, "ohhhhh giant kokeshiiiiiiii". My daughter was all, "quit squeezing my hand mom". She didn't see it right away. But, there she be in all her glory 2 ft of pure loveliness. Then once she saw it, she gave me the squeeze back. Even at 9, she knows the feeling of seeing a good find. My little seasoned thrifter.

I played down my excitement as we approached the table. After a quick negotiation, I was walking away with her. 
We were outta there.
 Done.
Greatest score ever...
Well, so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment