Friday, November 21, 2008

Heads up!


I got this little treasure yesterday. I usually stay away from dolls. Because, they seem connected to whatever/whom ever... Like they'll come alive & watch you or something. I had no qualms about this doll. Maybe because it has no body & can't attack me while I sleep. But for whatever reason I was drawn to it. I had to have it.

I got a chance today to look it up from it's embossed marking on it's neck. It is a "Baby Dimples" head from 1928. Now after looking the doll up, I want to find a body for it & put it back together.

Poor Baby Dimples with no body....

I was never into antique dolls. But, after looking at them for the past hour, I could actually get into them. I feel sorry for them. The lives they once had with their original owners... Then tucked away & forgotten about for 80 years. I'm such a sucker for strays. Stray animals, stray toys... stray people.

Check out this giant bunny from Italy.


No comments:

Post a Comment