Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sorry to be M.I.A


This way to our new house, originally uploaded by too_occupied.

Things have been crazy in the last 2 weeks. I've had no time to update. Since my current landlord turned my world upside down a couple of weeks ago, by selling the property & telling us to find a new place pronto!

We did indeed get the floating home! It was so draining waiting to find out if we got it or not. Then we got it & now I've just been absorbing how much I actually have to do now. It was kind of weird how I came to getting this floating home. In the late hours of the night I was searching craigslist & anything advertising rental homes. Then some how stumbled on real estate & THIS floating home! It was cute & charming. I sent an email request & was very surprised to hear back! As I was just asking about the possibility to rent-to-own, or a similar type of arrangement, as I don't really have a down payment at this point in my life. The owner was totally open to it! We met & totally hit it off! It's actually funny the times that we met over the course of 3 days, he gave me so much insightful advice. Everything from management issues at work, Chinese proverbs to base a way of life, even showing me some Ike-jujitsu(sp?) moves! Who ever hears this sentence come out of their landlords mouth?!
"Go ahead and try and punch me in the face!"

It was too funny! And I learned some ways to avoid getting punched in the face. Maybe he was preparing me for like on the docks! (Kidding!!!)

It's not completely out of the blue wanting to be living on a float home. I looked into it a year ago, after visiting my good friends in Everett, WA. They moved their whole family unit to a boat! The cutest boat I must add (The Mighty Sea Urchin!) They had lived in a 3 level town home & managed to downsize their whole world to size of a boat. ( I actually got a great table outta the deal!)

Now, it's my turn to downsize my world to the size of a 800sq. ft floating home. I get dizzy just thinking about it. I went to the place on Friday to meet the Marina manager & to pay my monthly moorage fee. It was the first time for my kids to see the world of living in a marina. They had been counting the sleeps until they could see it. Their room, is just big enough for their bunk beds. 85% smaller then the size of room they have now. I have always given them the larger rooms in any house we have lived in, because I thought they needed all that space. We are going to have to get rid of so much stuff! They have no idea! They are actually really excited to move & now they ask every morning if we can move there now. I think it may have something to do with the 42 inch plasma t.v that comes with the house!

The floating home comes furnished, at first I was NOT into it. But, now I am kind of excited to part with all my stuff. We'll just see how I feel when people are walking down the driveway with my bookshelves, kitchen table & couches! It's for the better though.

I have much work to be done at both homes. I have to paint & varnish things at the floating home before we move in & then down size our whole world here. I have no idea where to begin. I figure the garage would be best to start in. I also have to pack up the previous floating home owners things that he left behind.

I don't want to think about it. I lay awake in bed, trying to figure out how I will have time to do any of it!

I better hit the sack! Today was the last day of spring break for my girls & now it's back to the early mornings! No more sleepin' in for this cat!

You can see more photos of the floating home on flickr! Just click on the photo above & it will take you to more flickz.

2 comments:

  1. one word- AWESOME!!
    can i visit?? hehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally come visit!!!! WE can b.b.q it up! Or go to Aberdeen for cream puffs!

    ReplyDelete