Saturday, January 31, 2009

First week of lessons


Well, week one has passed of her first two lessons. First lesson, left me a little bewildered. The instructor asked that I stick around to follow the steps on grooming & tacking the horse up. It was a quick 30 minute lesson. I sadly have no experience with horsies, so I left retaining maybe only 20% of what she showed us. The 2nd lesson required us to arrive 30 minutes before the actual lesson and have the horse tacked and ready to go. I felt the pressure. There was no way after the first lesson would we be able tack that horse up. Not if I was running team. I went first thing the next morning after the lesson & picked up as many books as I could to explain all about horsies for my daughter & myself. Also watched many many videos on youtube! (thank you youtube!) I think it helped, she ended up doing a pretty great job getting her horse Mikey up & ready with a little help from her dad :)

She had her first ride on Mikey & now she loves it. She had been on a pony before, when she was much, much, younger. She is so excited to be on this path of horsie love. I am so relieved she found something to do. Her own thing.

Mikey is the best school horse. He is so patient with her. Mikey is around 20 years old. On the first lesson, he actually fell asleep while she was grooming him. He is a little bit of a senior citizen/narcoleptic.

Gotta love Mikey for being such a kind patient horsie man.

2 comments:

  1. pathological optimistJanuary 31, 2009 at 7:27 PM

    YAYYYYYY! awww this post just warmed my heart about a million degrees. i'm so happy for you guys. horses for life <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn!

    I feel much better about the instructor too! She was more helpful this time 'round. She really loves going! YAYYYYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete