Thursday, January 15, 2009

My little contortionist update

She has started to let me take pictures now! Although she has to "ok" each one after it is taken. I'm okay with that! It's great that she is finally letting me document her progress. We even got to record some video the other night of her stretching routine at home. She is making huge progress & her teacher once again has asked that she join the older group & stay later on her Thursday class. But the little bugger doesn't want to be with the older class at all. She just wants to be with the her teacher doing one on one time. Also, she lets all the other girls watch her train now. It seems that there is always girls that come early to warm-up while they wait for their class to begin. It's so cute, one time I was walking up to the door to pick her up from class & I heard clapping coming from the studio. I just waited a bit to go in & when I went in she was pretty close to wrapping up the her session. It turns out the older girls were clapping, because my little contortionist pulled off a new trick! She was shy about it, but I know she loved it. She said they clapped twice for her that night. I'm so glad she is coming out of her shell. When we hang out with people, she will do a move to kind of share her talent with them. But, she does it in a down low kind of way. We will be talking & then I'll look over her way and she'll be in the splits and kind of give me a nod, as so that I mention to people to look her way. Or she will do that crazy shoulder trick, where she holds her hands together & lifts her arms over her head and brings it back forward.

When school started up last week they were to write about their own New Years Resolutions. Ideya wrote "To do more contortion". When her teacher came around to check the spelling, her teacher added an "s" to the end of contortion on her resolution. Ideya was not pleased about this. Ideya told me, "There is no "s" at the end of contortion!". So when the teacher left, she erased the "s". I asked Ideya how she even knew how to spell contortion (grade 2) . She said she copied her jacket.

Ohhhhhh the jacket. We tried so hard to get this jacket before Christmas to put it under the tree. Her teacher had it & was going to get her name embroidered on the sleeve for her. But, ended up it didn't happen. So I figured we could just do that part, but if we could get just the jacket Ideya would be happy with that. With all the crazy weather just before Christmas we couldn't get the jacket. We were a little sad about that, but we finally ended up getting her the jacket on the 5th. Now this jacket has become and everyday staple for her. We are on Day 10. I try so hard to get her to wear another hoodie or sweater & she refuses. Loves the jacket. I had to ask her teacher if we could hook up a shirt, because Ideya loves to represent obviously. But, wearing the jacket everyday is a little much. EVERYDAY. Forget the shirt, we are going to need another jacket! I wonder if she will hold some kind of record? I can't imagine that she will the jacket everyday for a month???? We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment