Friday, January 16, 2009

She is going to do something!!!


My oldest daughter has FINALLY decided to enroll in something! I am so excited. My mom actually mentioned riding lessons yesterday, when we were talking yet again about getting her into something. I first off was hesitant, because I think what if she got thrown from a horse? My poor baby!!! Terrible! But, the more I thought of it, and after I looked up some riding schools. I knew it would be perfect for her. You totally go ahead of your class time & prepare and care for your horse. She loves loves loves animals & I know she has a special spot for horses. This couldn't be more perfect for her.

I told my daughter about it after school yesterday & she totally lite up. She actually said yes to going. She never says yes! I have tried for so many years to get her do something. Only to be turned down time and time again. She is so excited about something finally!!! I feel so good about this. She was so thrilled about the suggestion. I can't wait for her to start & to get her the cute Paddock boots and riding pants!!! She has taken to wearing only sweat pants & uggs (AKA lazy gear). She was talking about the riding pants last night - asking if she could pass on those pants (she hates anything tight fitting) and if she could just wear her sweats. Ummm.. later to the sweat pants! Hello breeches!

I spoke more about it with my moms assistant this morning. She has just gotten back into riding & she loves it. She had started when she was around the same age as my daughter. I asked her about the falling off the horse. She says it happens. That's just the way it goes - but you just have to get back on. But, she also mentioned that the "school horses" are so chill. Totally tame and use to anything that kids deal out to them, she said the horses are very patient. how cute is that!!?? I love it.

I looked into a couple of riding school closer to where we live, so hopefully we will figure out something soon!

YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment