Wednesday, June 18, 2008

She's 11 now!



Where did my baby go? She turned 11 on the 15th!

One of her gifts from her bestest grandma on the east coast was an ipod nano. This has quickly become her best friend. She downloaded a couple of movies on it & a load of tunes. Her music choices are vast! From they typical Miley Cyrus (oh groan - I know!) Wouldn't be a pre-teen if she didn't have the Jonas Brothers on there. But, she oddly enough has Lady Sovereign & Feist amongst others, but I must mention that....get ready for this..... DANZIG!???

I know! (As I push you in the chest!) For real! My girl likes Danzig!!! I laughed when she asked me to put it on there. I remember back in December when I got my ipod touch & I was "re-visiting" some old music. I downloaded some Danzig on there & every time she would borrow my ipod - I'd catch her listening to him. In private she likes him - but as soon as mom blasts it in the van - the girls SCREAM at me to turn it down  & off - 'cause they SWEAR I'm going to make them deaf! Mom's can have no fun!

As tradition follows, she gets her choice of evening dining for the birthday girl. She wanted to do Pizza Hut. Nothing exciting there - oh except the LARGEST ANT ever crawling across our booth. Then we went for ice cream treats at Dairy Queen.  We tried the cotton candy Blizzard for  the first time. It was so light & sweet AND I'm so putting this on the list of things worth living for.

I got my birthday girl some sweet Nike Air Rifts. Can you believe the girl is a size 8 in ladies shoes! She is going to be a tall one there. She's 89% legs!

 She is so sweet & totally coming around with her shyness. She actually answered the waitress,  when poised with a choice of dipping sauces the other day. That is HUGE progress. Anyone who knows my girls, is that they appear to be so so sweet, quiet and oh so shy. Behind closed doors in the comfort of their own home - they are so loud! Non stop talking action from the moment they lay eyes on me. They love to fill me with their stories of every single second of their action packed day at school. I'm pleased that she is coming around with the shyness. I really wish so many others knew how talkative and what a great story teller she is. 

I have now officially joined the ranks of other parents, who are followed around by their adolescent children who are wrapped up in their own little soundtrack to their lives. I'm just wondering how many 11 year old girls are listening to Danzig sing about the Twist of Cain?

No comments:

Post a Comment