Friday, June 27, 2008

The house that was & the desk that never will be again.



Everyday since we moved out of this house, the girls have made me drive by before school to see if they had killed our old house yet. Monday was "D" day for this poor house. I'm glad we caught it. We lived in this little duplex for a little over 3 years. I'm glad to be out of there. But, sad at the same time that it's not getting to live on. You expect houses to live forever - but so often now they are being killed to make room for cookie cutter new homes.

I had this turqouise 1930's steel bull nose desk that I had been moving around with us forever. But since we were moving onto a floating home, there was no way we would be taking this desk with us. I couldn't even consider putting it in storage. I really wanted it to sell, but sadly because of it's enormousness & it's weight it was such a hard sell. I ended up having to leave it. About a month ago, I had dream that they were killing the house & I saw the desk in a mangled mess amongst the shreds of the house. Well Monday it came true. The poor desk went down with the house. You can see it in the pictures. When I was cleaning it out, I found some old Grey Hound luggage tags probably from the 50's in it.... The demise of the poor desk. That thing could have lived on into many more milleniums! WHY?!!! WHY didn't anyone buy you??!!! I feel terrible about it!

Poor thing. I'm sorry Mister. Desk!!!

May you rest in piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment