Monday, June 30, 2008

Playing hooky






Yesterday, I took an unofficial day off. I usually would have been working, but I started errands and as always things ended up taking longer than expected. So I wrote off the whole day & didn't work. Once I was able to accept, that I wasn't going to be working for the day. It actually got kind of fun. Who knew!?? I swear people who get days off are so lucky. I could get use to it, but don't see it happenning anytime soon, sadly.

We started the day getting all our bikes fixed up so we go on a little bike cruise after dinner. It was so hot out, that I think a bike cruise in the day would have given us all heat stroke! My poor little folding bike, kind of seized up durng the winter so it needed some TLC & a new front tire, minor things for the girls bikes were needed & lastly a new back tire for Koreys bike.

Little Miss. Ideya wasn't feeling to confident with riding on the gravel paths, so I/we made a little seat on my rat-trap for her. She loved it. Her dad was against it. But the girls won & she was able to get a ride with me. It was so cute her litle arms holding around my waist. I know doubling is sooooo bad! But, we were going at snails pace! Bad mommy I am.... but she wore a helmet! ;)

We did some container gardening (finally) & had a little bbq for dinner, fed all the local ducks too & then headed out for our end of the night bike cruise. When we were leaving the marina, a lady told us we might be lucky enough to see the white owl that comes out at dusk. I soooooo hoped we would. But, we didn't see it. But, now we know to watch for it. I loooooove owlies! It's been so long since I have seen one in real life!

I wish for more days off this summer for bike rides & bbq's with my little family!

1 comment:

  1. Great Pics!

    'zajna' is the 'word verification' 'word'(for posting a comment). What does 'word' mean now?

    ReplyDelete