Sunday, April 13, 2008

Is it over yet?


Is it safe to come out yet? EGAD! I've had THE worse weekend EVER!

It started Saturday morning. I might add, I was right about the weather & it was beautiful out! The sun was shining, it was our first warm lovely day of spring. I was washing dishes. Day dreaming, when I see a group of people walk by. I just prayed that they didn't look my way, because I was looking horrid, with my just outta bed-head. I thought they were just looking at the property next to us, because it is for sale. I continue on my merry morning cleaning up. Then I see more cars driving into our driveway. I just figure it's for the house next door. A nice day to be looking at new homes, kind of day. I continue cleaning & then someone knocks on the door. I go to answer, and open it a crack (rude I know) because I look so not good to be answering the door. Two little ladies, ask me about the sale. I say, "I have no idea about the sale". They insist there is a sale. I tell them, "there is NO yard sale & thanks for coming by, bye-bye" & shut the door. They go away & I still have no idea what they were talking about. I hop in the shower & as I get out, I hear someone calling my name! I peek out the window & it's my old neighbour who has come by to pick up her bike that is in the carport. I had been storing it for her since she moved awhile ago. Good timing on her part!

I got outside & talk to her & this fellow comes up the driveway & asks when the sale is starting!? I ask him, where he saw the ad... He had seen it in the local community paper, apparently. I tell him, "maybe my neighbours (we are in a duplex) wanted the ad to be published for next week". And there is some kind of mix up. He tells me there are people on the other side of the house waiting for the sale & are knocking on my neighbours windows! At this point I have no idea what the heck is going on & my neighbours are in Whistler for the weekend. He actually said he was by earlier & went through my CARPORT & took some jazz records & wanted to give me $10 for them!!!!??? I just could not understand what the heck was going on. I accept the money - in complete awe.

More people arrive, we begin yelling out to them before they have to walk the long driveway up the side of the house. "NO SALE, WRONG ADDRESS, SORRY" But, they all insist on taking a little looky past us & into my carport. I admit I have some things in there, but they are not for sale. I decide to call my neighbour on her cell & see if they were actually going to do a yard sale next weekend. She has no plans for any kind of sale. We sum it up to an error by the newspaper. I look up the ad online & discover the ad. It is advertised for Sat & Sun 10-5pm!! We basically spent the weekend keeping people from digging in our carport. Scavengers I tell you! Scavengers!! It was so terrible. The refused to believe the signs that I had posted everywhere, explaining the error of the newspaper. They still knocked on our door! I'm calling the paper tomorrow rant...

THEN...

I had to go to work this morning because I am training a new girl. I park just around the corner from the shop at a 2 hour meter. I go out to plug it at 2pm. Some crackhead has broken in & turned everything upside down in the van! They went through everything! Right in the middle of the afternoon! On a busy corner! God! I felt so violated. I had just plugged the meter for another 2 hours too. I get in & drive it to the front of the shop, to clean it up & figure out what was taken. The buggers stole my oldest daughters Nintendo D.S & 4 games. It was hidden under the back seat! But, they at some point opened up the back door & moved the back seat forward so they could look under the seat. Jeez!

They emptied out all the change in the ashtray & stuff. They left nothing unturned. Creeps. It also smelled of urine in the van. It was sick. I cleaned everything inside. I try to continue with my day, not worrying about it. They stole some money that was hidden in the glove box... I know! I know! Don't keep valuables in the car. But, I always thought they kind of passed on cars filled with toys & booster seats. I know they don't care. They just want anything that they can pass off to get money for crack. They were stealing anything outta there for food, because I had food in there too. They didn't even touch it.

So not fair! Stealing a pink little D.S from some little girl. Evil scum. She's pretty upset about it. Because she was the only one that had anything taken from her, that counted as anything. Darn bad guys!

After work, I head to the grocery store to get pick up a few things. I go to grab by re0useable grocery bags.... and the jerks stole them! Can you believe that!?? I guess they needed something to haul away all my pennies in the ashtray! Jerks.

This was not the best weekend.
Fightin' off yard salers
&
Creeps crawling - all in my van.



6 comments:

  1. oh man! that sounds terrible!
    but i want to say one word- karma!
    i hope when bad things happen to me that i can hope that something good will make it up. and it always does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEVER say things like this but having grown up in Canada and loving it, missing it etc. and now being in the States; I have to say. Except for 2 stolen bikes from a secluded bike rack; we've never had any property crime or any victimization at all, that I can remember, in the last 10 years we've been living here near Seattle. In fact the only time my car was broken into was on a trip to N.Van to see my mom in the hospital. Parked right in front of the RCMP detachment (good word for it) OH I SO COMMISERATE WITH YOU ON THE BREAK IN THING!!!!!!! Had to explain to my little fellas about 'bad guys'. Oh I miss many things about Canada; but the druggies and crime are not two of them. Go figure!

    Mark
    P.S. when you watch US news (Michael Moore was right - they ONLY want to scare you) like I did before moving south; and think 'Oh the crime is so bad in the states', I have learned (and I guess I should know working in forensics) that 99.9% of the crime happens to people who are doing something they shouldn't, somewhere they shouldn't, with someone they shouldn't. Not in Canada you just have to have something to become a victim!
    Sorry Jenelle; I should send it to the Sun instead. You don't have to post this rant on your yummy blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenelle! I am so sorry to hear about your crappy weekend and those jerks stealing your sweet girl's nintendo..BUT how envious am I about your new adorable houseboat!! So amazing, you are living the dream lady. I even made Alex come see your flickr pictures so he could share in the floating home envy. Congratulations! <3
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen!!!

    I was wishing I was at the same marina your boat is at :(

    Move your boat Missy!!!

    We could head to aberdeen for cream filled pastries of the earl grey variety!!!! And yell at each other from our decks over all the old marina residents. I know they would love that! Or we could get walkie talkies!!! (and not the new school ones.. I mean like the old school ones! ;)

    I'm only 4 or 5 blocks from Aberdeen in real life. You'll have to pop in if you are ever in the 'hood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jocelan!

    I know I like to think karma will get them in the end. I can not believe that bad guys can get away with so much DURING the day light hours. It's crazy. I did find a key, in the gutter by my van when I got into it. I'm hoping that was his house key he lost & that he was unable to get into his own home that night. Or better yet, the next crime he did - he actually got caught.

    bad guys :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark!

    Oh Marky. Yes, I think Vancouver has it bad with all sorts of crooks.

    Honestly I never thought of it that way before. About the 99.9% of crimes happen to people doing bad things. But, it is kind a true.

    I kind of think that us Vancouverites have become numb to all this badness around us. Most people I have spoken to expect their cars to be broken into, if you park downtown. Terrible way to live really.

    Darn bad guys!

    ReplyDelete