Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ahhhh sunshine!

I heard the best news on the radio this morning. Sunshine is coming! This weekend is suppose to be +21!!! EGAD! I'm so excited. I hope it comes true. I need to feel the warmth of the sun.

Yesterday after work we went to go buy a rubbermaid container for each of the girls. The plan is they get to bring one of these on the float home filled with their special toys. The rest that can not fit will be donated to the Salvation Army. I thought it would be very hard for them. But, they are most willing to part with all of it. I was very surprised. I was all "Are you sure you don't want this? You sure you want to give it away?. Hoping they could be swayed.

I'm so terrible! I thought there would be crying, begging & pleading. But, they did great. They packed up their rubber totes & are fine with it. I on the other hand, do not think that I could do what they just did. That is why I only bought two yesterday. I do not think, I could fit all my toys in one small bin. I collect too many vintage toys. I should learn from my children to part with these things. But, I can not help to think - what if I never come across that certain toy again? If I see it in an antique shop down the road - I will think... I should have held on to mine, why? WHY! did I give up my toys??!! But, is the point to just to give it up & not try and replace it down the line of time.

See... I'm no good at this. But, I am trying. Many more closets & rooms to go through.

1 comment:

  1. so sad to give away great toys but you will feel better after because i find with less toys you can appreciate them more!

    ReplyDelete