Tuesday, April 8, 2008

1 bedroom = 11 garbage bags full


I finally got started on the process of ridding ourselves of all our "stuff". I'm starting in the back of the house & will work my way forward. I was working away in the girls room yesterday. I did a big cleaning out of clothes probably in October. But, some how we managed to accumulate 11 bags worth of clothing???!!! The bags just started lining up the side of the hall. I can't believe it. Well I kind of do. The girls seem to be growing like weeds. There was clothing that they only wore once or twice, I washed it & it the darn things shrunk & they couldn't fit it anymore. It feels so good to get rid of it all. By the time we are done the whole house, I imagine it will be enough stuff to fill someone's apartment. We have so much stuff to drop off at the Sally Ann. I feel so relieved that so much already has been taken care of. I was really starting to panic about all the work that was ahead of me.

We have made a few visits to the marina to check on the float home & I started taping off the trim, so I can get painting this Friday. I have have to paint every single room before we move in. It's more work, than I thought. Only because there is so much wood trim that needs to be protected. The couple of visits that we have made, have made me so eager to move there NOW. Everyone is so friendly! They make eye contact with you! They make small talk. I love it! Honestly, where we live now - you can try & make eye contact with people, but they totally avoid it. It's so exciting. I can't wait to get the heck out of our old house and live at the marina. The girls are so dying to move. They are counting the sleeps till we move. If I can manage, I hope to get in there a little earlier. We'll see though.

Sewing in my world is going to be on the back burner for a bit. I am leaving my sewing room till the very last moment of packing. I just don't have a clue how I will store my fabric stash. I have soooooo much of it & I honestly don't know if I can part with any of it. We'll see when I get to the point.

I am such a worry wart.




No comments:

Post a Comment