Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time = No time



Things have been hectic, as I imagine it is for every parent that has kids going back to school. The end of summer was filled with many play dates with the good friends. Attempts to squeeze in some sunshine at the beach... but once we got there, we soon realized that everyone was sporting hats, sweater & jackets! I was a trooper though. I needed some SUN! Apparently this weekend is suppose to be great! I really hope so. It's been sunny here, but I have had no time to actually take a few minutes to enjoy it. I need to get my freckles on!

Back to school shopping was done in the last minute & was INSANE. I don't recommend the last minute back to school shopping experience. For the clothes, finding a size was near impossible. For supplies, it was like Christmas shopping - just everyone was in different isles. I'm glad it's over. I'm going to do the shopping in June next year.

We've settled into our routine. We had to adjust our time to the crazy traffic that oddly enough since we last did that route in June, has doubled! I can not believe all the single passenger cars hogging up space. It makes me really mad. I wish those people would just car pool! We have to leave an extra 25 minutes earlier than we did in June. Isn't that kind of weird? In 2009, there will be train that will take us into the city - then we will take the sea bus (a small ferry) to where school is. They are pretty vague on when that will be completed, but I am looking forward to it! I loathe traffic. I loathe gas prices. Plus with all the construction around town & on the one of the 2 major bridges we have to cross, we have run over 3 nails!! Blowing tires out - is not my cup of tea.

Sewing has been spotty. I really have had my hands full & realize that the midnight sewing shifts just don't work for me anymore. I just need time during the day. Which would be near impossible. I have a plan though, so hope it will get me ahead in the sewing department. I have many people waiting for certain toys. I promise you I have not forgotten about you!!! I'm working on it. Please forgive me!!????

We had a flooding in our back room at the shop. Which was such a disaster. Still is. I'm waiting for the handyman to come & replace some tiles. Then once that is done - I gotta repaint etc... Sheesh! My work never ceases!

That is my update for now!

Oh, I got a sweet package from my mom & dad today - It was Heroes Season 2. I can't wait to watch it!!! I love Hiro!!






No comments:

Post a Comment