Friday, September 19, 2008

Thrifting gods



Oh the thrifting gods were on my side yesterday!! Scored this super duper cute little lamp for the girls room. I had one very similar when I was growing up. Not half as great as this one though. Mine just had the typical blue pretty flowers. BUT this one is so sweet! With her little deer friend & her basket full of mushrooms! Love it.

Then I almost passed out when I found this quilt with my mostest favoritest characters EVER on it! D-I-E-D! I almost died right there in the linen aisle. I'm pretty sure I passed out & my kids found me laying on the floor grasping so tightly on to this quilt - that is the cutest little quilt EVER. I got it for a whopping $3.99! I love moments like that. Where you gasp (possibly pass out) & you just want to burst out of your skin!! Because in some magical way that item was placed by God - right there at that very moment JUST FOR YOU! Not to mention it some how snuck by some uninformed pricer! I wish i had more moments like that. I got a few great books too, but I'll have to show those another time.

Contortion class was awesome. No other students there, except for my little one. That is okay though. Private lessons are a-o-k by me! Plus then my little one has the full focus of the teacher. We also spoke about getting her in another class at the other school that her teacher teaches at. Once again, she won't be in a class with others - it will just be private & will be right after school. Which is totally great! They really seem to be pulling for her. The plan is to get her up to speed with the intermediate students, which according to her teacher should happen quite fast. My little contortionist has got the flexibility down & now she has to work on her strength. Once she gets a better at that, the next youngest girl (she's 9) will come in on a few classes with her so they can practice doing things together. My baby loves going to class there. She is all about how many sleeps till the next class. I remember doing that. Time is such a funny thing when you are little. Everything just seems to go so slow for you. Her next class is Tuesday. Her teacher is giving her one extra class this month. Awesome. Her teacher is the bestest.

I'm really glad we found her "gift". Who would have thought?!!!

Oh one funny thing was when the next class was showing up, I guess the girls normally watch the class before them. But my Miss. Shy Pants, doesn't really like the extra attention yet. so the teacher asked everyone to wait outside. I mean having a whole bunch of 15 year old girls watching you can be pretty intimidating. So they had to wait outside the studio till she was done her class. We had to wait out side too with them. All the girls thought she was so cute & some even told me about how shy they use to be. I do have hope that she will get over this shyness soon!

Have a great day everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. The thrifting gods smiled indeed, knowing how much you deserved that quilt!

    ReplyDelete