Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yesterday & today are so hard.

We took a quick trip to the island to see a good friend who is very ill. It was basically to say "Goodbye". 

I'm not good at goodbyes. Let alone a permanent one. I don't want her to go away. It's such  a selfish feeling. I know that she is in pain, so much pain. I tried to pull it together before the visit, preparing myself. But, the tears just came rolling and they haven't stopped. I really wish that horrible things didn't happen to such good people. She is the sweetest woman & spent most of her life helping others. She is lucky enough to be in her home right now, with her sweet cat O'Malley by her side. Her lovely sister is taking care of her needs 24 hours a day. Her sister is so sweet. These woman are so strong. I wish I could show half the strength that they have.

My friend has spent almost 30 years in that house, raised two boys - to men in that home. All the memories in that house. It was so hard to be there. I wish I lived closer, because I would be there everyday with her.

I didn't want to leave, I didn't really say goodbye.

I want to go back, even though it is so hard to be there.

I'm a big ball of an emotional mess right now.

1 comment:

  1. Love and Strength to your friend, her family and you. It's beautiful that she is so cared about.

    ReplyDelete