Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sweetest spot in Victoria, BC : Daidoco



I'm feeling much better today. I was so so so sad yesterday. It comes in waves the thoughts of, dear sweet Margaret. I find if I keep busy, I'm more in control emotions... 

On to happier things for the moment, so I don't start sobbing.

On our quick visit we finally got to go to the cutest Japanese deli. Daidoco.
My friend Sarah had told me about this place when it first open. I couldn't get it out of my mind because she had mentioned the cute illustrated drawing on "how to  order" (it's above the counter in the top photo). Where the counter help is in a bear or monkey suit! So cute!!! It is in Nootka court, right next to the Victoria Bug Zoo. Just off Douglas Street. I wish I had the exact address for you, because YOU have to go there if you are in the neighbourhood!!! I'll add the address later... I left the card at home silly me. Anyway, the interior reminded me very much of being in Japan. It seriously must have been teleported mysteriously from somewhere in Japan to Victoria. The staff were all so nice & the food is amazing and soooooo very affordable. I really wish they had one in Vancouver. I highly recommend this place if you are heading to Victoria or if you live there it's a MUST. They are only open Monday-Friday sadly. We had tried to go once before but it was the weekend. I'm glad we made it this time. My kids even said it was better than anything they have had in Vancouver! And they are picky picky!

Thanks for telling us about it Sarah! I'm so glad I got our 4 minute visit too!!! That was just great timing. I wish we could have spoke for longer! Darn it! Next time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment