Monday, July 7, 2008

The float home


I'm sorry I haven't spoke much about the float home. I kind of feel like if I did, I would be such a fraud. I don't spend much time there, sadly. I wish I could do more there as I had/have big plans, but there just isn't enough hours in the day. I finally just a couple of weekends ago did some container gardening with my little helpers. It was so nice to get our hands in the dirt. We had bought a few too many plants that weekend & had to buy some more soil to finish up the leftover homeless plants. We  got to those yesterday.  They are all happily planted now on our upper deck & couple on the lower. It makes me jealous to see some of the wonderful homes with many many containers in front & all over their home at the marina. I aspire to have many like them someday! I'm just going to build on it slowly. 

They (The Marina) moved our home one space back a couple of weeks ago too! I found out 3 days before they were to move us. I was a little scared/mad. Just not knowing what it would be like. It was painless though. I went to work & when I came home we were moved & everything was just fine. We now have a big empty space beside us where we once were. I'm guessing a new home will move in there at some point. The move was due to our house being a little rocky during really windy times. Apparently it was taking a toll on the dock from those wind storms. So to give everyone piece of mind they moved us. It's been good so far.

We've been going on our nightly bike rides as soon as I get in from work. It's a nice way to round up the day. 

I post more pics of the house sooooon!


No comments:

Post a Comment