Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm here


Oh wow! It's been a long time!
Hello world!!!

I am excited to be back in the blogshpere, YAY!!!

Just a quick note today, I have to be running to go get my kids from school soon.

I just came across Postcrossing. I was on the prowl for a penpal in Kauai. (We just came back from vacation there - I want someone who can supply me with an endless supply of coconut syrup & candied coconut balls! Not to mention Li hing mui! YUM!!) Anyway, when all I could come up with was weird listings for men from Hawaii looking for Japanese women to email. Feeling like I wish things were a little more old school and not so creepy, I stumbled upon Postcrossing. YAY!!!

 I am not entirely sure how it all works, but you register and create an account. When you request to send a postcard to someone, you get the address emailed to you & a postcard i.d number. You put the i.d number on your postcard so then when the person receives it, your card can be traced. The site keeps track of all your incoming & outgoing postcards.

Seems neat.
People have more details on their profile about the type of postcards they would like and so on.
I can't wait to tell the girls about it.

I also can't wait to get one!!!

I've got our first postcard recipient and our first postcard is going to Mendon, MA!
YAY Mendon, MA!

Where is that?
I better go look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment