Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blind as a bat


I had found these amazing glasses on my last trip to Victoria, at a little antique shop. I had to have them. I haven't worn glasses in soooooo long! I'm all about the contacts. But, I do love good glasses & I had to have these ones in the case at the antique shop. I have been keeping them in safe keeping until I went to get my eyes checked. I was so nervous to go to the eye doctors. I totally knew that my eyes had gotten worse in the last 3 1/2 years since my last eye exam. I was pleasantly surprised that the eye doctor reduced my prescription! YAY!!!

So I went and took my precious frames to get lenses in and... such bad news. I am blind as a bat even with the reduced prescription, but they no longer really make lenses that will fit these HUGE frames. Is this not odd? Where is that warehouse filled with deadstock of 80's lenses when you need it!??? In real life the majority of people favor those small rectangular frames. So people like me who are so visually impaired go for the smallest glasses to hide their thick lenses. I went & did the exact opposite and got the largest frames "apparently". I fell in love with these frames. I wasn't even thinking. It was love. I just went with my feeling. Darn it.

So now the dilemma is that the lenses that do fit are a tad ghetto. Ghetto in price (-$100, could be a good thing BUT) & they say there will be lense spillage off the side (think coke bottle bottoms), because I am so blind. They referred to my frames as windshield size, there is not other option. So not fair! I had to give the "okay" to put the less desirable lenses in. What could I do? The eye wear place kept offering me an alternative in their shop. They referred to my frames as windshield size. Forget it! I love these frames. I pray to the eye wear gods that the spillage on the sides is not as severe as they mentioned. I was so looking forward to sporting by new eye glasses :(
Out in public! Not just in the safety of my home.

I heard the countdown today that there is only 14 more days of shopping left. Panic has set in. I still haven't started any shopping for my girls (shhhhh don't tell!) I'm such last minute nelly. I am kind of hoping to do it in one day. I do this to myself every year. I think I must be addicted to the stress. I think/hope this year will be easier. The girls are kind of growing out of "toys" & it's on to the bigger things. Electronics & expensive clothes for the older one & the little contortionist wants hand balancing canes (Which I hope a friend will make) & she wants super hard foam blocks for doing bridges & cart wheels off of... not to mention some new clothes and of course webkinz! She is addicted to webkinz! Could we possibly get any more? I swear we have 60 in our house already! I'm think cute little re-ment sets for her too!

I better get sewing more of those turkey legs! I got my sewing machine back this morning! YAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment