Monday, October 27, 2008

Leaving the nest


My oldest daughter has left the nest for FIVE WHOLE DAYS!!!

I was/am totally freaking out. I have never been apart from her really. She is camping this week with her classmates doing outdoor school. I know she will have blast! They get to do so many wonderful things while there.

I wish I could sneak up there & check in on her. I was thinking about when she was a just starting Kindergarten & her dad and I went at her recess time to spy on her. But, then she spotted us & we stopped peeking/spying on her.

Today when I was dropping her off at school, she kept on trying to ditch me. She was all "You aren't coming all the way are you? Let's just say good-bye here." I knew what she was hinting at. She is totally embarrassed by me! Why!!! ?? WHY??!!! I'm a cool mom, non? Anyway, I gave her big bear hug squeeze & a kiss right there on the spot. She was not impressed. I walked up to her friends and was chit chatting them & my daughter(s) totally disappeared on me. I turned around & they were both gone. It's like I have the plague or something. It was not how I pictured her first send off. I wanted to take pictures of her with friends AND getting on the bus AND her waving from the bus.... but that didn't happen.

She bailed on me. I thought about waiting around & seeing her off. As I drove by her and her crew....I drove slow hoping to make eye contact with my baby... she never even looked my way. I couldn't honk and wave... I had to just go. She would have died if I honked. I so wanted to.

Things have come full circle. I totally remember feeling like that.

It's so sad. What a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment