Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We are still alive & well!!!


Sorry to disappear on you guys! Last week was just one of those first week of the month freak outs. Because May was such a crazy month with Luke getting sick & myself & the shop not being open because we spent a lot of time at the vet office, well... I fell behind on so many things, so I have been trying to catch up on everything around here.

Luke. Oh my baby Luke. He is enjoying his time at home I think. But, our home is very small compared to the shop. We live on a floating home that is only 800 sq.ft. on the Fraser river. Luke just hangs out in the upper part of the house (400 sq. ft.). Because we have a small dog that would be way too much in Luke's face & the dog would probably loose an eye! Because Luke likes things mellow (I don't blame him!). But, thankfully we have a huge upper deck & Luke has been going out to eat grass and enjoy fresh air ans catching some cool breezes in the night. I do get very nervous about him up there though, because he is very nervous outside (he stays low LOL). If he hears something, he is always on guard. But, he does get to a point where he can relax, but he is very aware of what's going on around him.

Luke spends most of his day sleeping in hiding. He had been finding his way under the bed, even though I had filled all the spaces under it with blankets and such. So we gave up & just took the blankets away from under the bed. And since we did that, he stopped going under there!!! I swear I had to take apart the bed 6 times, at least to get him out from under there. It was such a pain. Silly boy.

His evenings are spent jumping over my face many times as I try to sleep. I don't know why he ends up doing this every night. But I always seem to wake up to his belly dragging across my face at some point through the night. LOL!!!

All in all, he seems to be doing better. His weight is holding steady. But, he is not the same weight he use to be. And he is not as small as he had been when he was taken from the 1st vet's office. He's in the middle somewhere. And no more pink ears with a fever! YAY!!!

Administering his medicine has been a whole other issue. The drops are no problem. But, the powder that is suppose to go into the wet food!!!?? This has not been going well. He ate it for a couple of days. But, then became turned off of the wet food again. So, I have just been watering the powder down and putting it in the syringe and giving it to him orally. He is gaining his strength back this is for sure, because he is fighting me on this one. It's terrible. We have had quite the battles together just trying to get him to be still. I really, really hope these two medicines are helping his gall bladder stones. It's so hard to tell. But he isn't getting worse, so something must be going right. I kept giving him the high calorie paste until it was gone, which was just a few days ago. He didn't mind taking the paste. But, the watered down powder... whole other story! Actually, maybe I should mix it with chicken broth! Why didn't I think of that before?!!! I'm going to try that tonight for him.

Luke has had quite a few visitors at the shop looking for him. It's sad to tell them he is not here, but I am glad that he is just at home relaxing on his own terms & not feeling like he is obligated to say, hello to people when them come in looking for him. Not that he doesn't love people... But, it's better that he just rest. I don't know when I will bring him back to the shop.
I guess after we do the x-ray 3 weeks.
I pray, pray, pray those gall bladder stones have disappeared!

Part of me can't wait to have this blog be about visitors with Luke & maybe pictures of Luke WITH the visitors! It will be nice to have him back here at the shop. I am very lonely, business has been very quiet. I think Luke must be good luck! BEcause things have been dreadful with out him here.

Once gain, sorry for being away last week! Don't worry, we're still here and doing fine.
Also we are working on your little packages for the people who did donate to help Mister. Luke out.

I know some of you said, "Don't worry about it!".
BUT
It's just a small token of our appreciation!
AND
We really just want to do it!!!

Thanks so much for being there.

*Hugs*






1 comment:

  1. Hi Luke!

    So good ot hear you are still improving.

    The last weeks have been very rough for all of you... meds are not a cat's best friend and your Mom must have a hard time with you !

    Keep us posted on your progress!

    Love and purrrs !

    Oscar & Mickey

    ReplyDelete