Saturday, October 30, 2010

creatures of the night


What do a nerd, flying squirrel and a zombie have in common?

They are all going trick-o-treating tomorrow night!!! YAY!!! (I'm the flying squirrel)

We've had to do some last minute shopping for my little zombie. Because she showed her friend what she was going to be wearing (a little too early) and the friend went and bought the same things!!! ACK!!! So because my daughter hates having the same stuff as other people, we had to go buy some different tights... not really a big deal. But, on the day before Halloween it is slim pickings for crazy tights! Value Village was pretty much liquidated of it's Halloween Dept. We did manage though to find a pair of barbed wire tights at a dept. store. Thank god!

I have had the worst last couple of days. I've been without a truck (again), the thing is constantly at the repair shop. The truck broke down Thursday night (always on a thursday!). As I was mentally preparing for the long day ahead of using public transportation, I couldn't sleep so I actually started my day at 2:30am. I was delirious by the time we got home last night, I went to bed at 6:30pm. On our early morning departure as we walked by our truck, I noticed some crackhead had busted my back passenger window!!! Jerks!!! I was already contemplating returning the truck to the dealership, but now have to replace the window before I can do that. I have lame luck.


I'm still dealing with the dealership on what to do with the truck, but as a treat out they are giving us tickets to Frightnight. I love getting scared. Love it. I remember going to the 630 CHED haunted house in Edmonton every year when I was growing up. So fun!!! But my youngest daughter, not so much loving gettin' scared. She takes it too personally. We are unsure how it will work if the three of us go... can't be leaving the little one outside, while we go in to the haunted houses... "Hey, carnie! Watch my kid would you?!". Not likely. But, the rides are open too, so we'll figure something out. Hopefully I can find someone else who can come with us.

Here's to wishing everyone a great night tonight! 
Hopefully you've all found your costumes for your Halloween festivities!!!

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see pictures! I've got a couple of zombies going out tonight,thanks. Can't wait to see them when I'm done with the make-up.
    Have fun trick or treating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see them too! Get them to practice their zombie walk!!! Have f-u-n!!!!

    ReplyDelete