Friday, December 19, 2008

not good

I just found out that one of the girls that use to work for me passed away in June. I had no idea. She was 6 months pregnant. Terrible. She was the sweetest girl ever. Really she was. My youngest daughter loved her. Anytime we drive by where she lived, my daughter mentions Saori. Saori had painted her toes a few times. She did them all lady bug style & polka dots, when she would baby sit her. Ideya loved her for that and will never forget her.

Saori was an only child. I had met her mom & grandma on a visit to Vancouver 3 years ago. Her poor mom & grandma. I don't know any of the details, but this is shitty news. I can't imagine worse news today. I almost wish that I had never found out. Sadness. I went looking for the picture of her & her mom & grandma, but it's on my old computer in storage. Damn.

I'm a little bit of an emotional mess again. I wish death wasn't part of life. I wish people didn't get that sad. That deep sadness where there is no light for them. She had a baby in her. Oh my gosh.... this is just pure tragic-ness.

My last email to her was exactly a year ago. We were wishing each other a Merry Christmas.

Sadness.

2 comments:

  1. :( i'm so sorry to hear! i hope you are doing alright. she sounds like a wonderful person who will live on in your beautiful memories.

    xoxo,
    g

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks gracie...

    she was such an awesome girl. i would have never thought something like this would happen. it's so sad. i was a bawling mess friday night & saturday.

    she was so young... i wish that it was not true that she is gone forever. so so sos sad.

    ReplyDelete