Monday, April 21, 2008

Here & there....

I've been sooooo busy painting the floating home (inside) & when I'm not doing that, I am busy cleaning & attempting to sell our precious items on craigslist. I swear, it's a full time job, just going through emails. It's also amazing to think of all the midnight shopping craigslisters, who email....

craigslister: do you still have the item?
I respond: Yes, I do. Would you like to arrange a time to come see it?

I reply. Then I never hear from them again. What happened to them wanting my stuff?!!! Why no reply? Are they just doing inventory for craiglist? So strange. Other than those fake buyer on craigslist our stuff is slowly disappearing. With every item, I feel a huge weight off my shoulders. I just want it to be gone.

I kind of feel like I am in purgatory. My house is a chaotic mess & the float home is a partially painted mess. Neither feel like home. I wish I could just snap my fingers & the painting would be done. It has been such a task painting that place. There was far more painting to be done than I expected, and it is so much more challenging when you have two little girls crawling all over your freshly painted surfaces. Eager to get a look out the back window to spy on the ducks & swan that they have become friends with at the marina. I never realized how big swans are. They named the swan Stephanie & you can hand feed her. She is so sweet, but she scares me. She is just so HUGE!!

I've accomplished a lot in the last few days, even though I have been sick as a dog. I had a fever & was painting away till the midnight hour Friday night. When we left the marina, the heavens opened up & dumped... I swear snowballs on us. It went from rain - hail - to giant sized snow flakes. It was such a freak of nature. Luckily the snow that accumulated quickly vanished over the weekend. It still does not feel like much of spring here. I can't wait to feel like I no longer need to wear a scarf. I hear it is beautiful on the east coast! Darn them!!!! When is it out turn? It is almost the end APRIL!!!

We did do a drive-by (not the kind with guns) of the girls new school (for next year). It's a nice new school & they are very excited to go there. They are so opposite of me. I hated change when I was younger. Until the end of the school year this year, we will be making the dreaded commute every morning to their school which is 25km away. We can drive there is 35 minutes during a non-trafficy time of day. I have no idea what it will be like in the morning. We have two major bridges we have to get across. I am so nervous. I hate being late for school. Worst case scenario, they will be VERY early for school. Or terribly late... wish me luck.

I've got to get back to the emails of the inventory checkers of craigslist.


No comments:

Post a Comment